Some Useful Info and Rules
- All competitors must report to the Batch Camps at the respective start locations at least 30 minutes before their allocated Batch starting time and before taking to the water.
Important pre-race information will be handed out at registration.
- Batch Camp Lists for Day 1 will be up at Registration and for Day 2 the start on Bruinswick Farm. Day 2 Batch results will also be sent via SMS after Day 1.
- WRISTBANDS received at registration are to be WORN THROUGHOUT THE EVENT. You will not be allowed to paddle if you do not have your wristband ON YOUR WRIST!!!! The wristbands guarantee your participation in the race, lunch and dinner on Saturday as well as lunch on Sunday. Meals will not be provided unless you are wearing your wrist band.
- There will be a batch start on Day 1 and a Reverse start on Day 2. There will be 30min of elapsed time on Day 2. The K1’s starts first, then K2’s & K3’s.
- All late entries will be un-seeded and placed in the last batches.
- CSA approved life jackets are compulsory on both days. These will be checked and if incorrect, paddlers will be prohibited from taking part. 10 litres of buoyancy (in the front AND at the back) is compulsory and will be checked. Beach balls and bottles are ONLY permissible if secured to the boat.
- Valid CSA registration numbers must be placed on both side of the front deck of the boat. Any other decals must be placed on the rear deck or on the sides behind the front point of the cockpit.
- Batch stickers must be placed on the front left hand deck on Day 1 and front right for Day 2. They must be clearly visible.
- During the race, paddles may be exchanged but NO boats are allowed to be replaced.
- No outside assistance of any kind is permitted, except in an emergency.