Some Useful Info and Rules
Clean Water Challenge – Liebensbergsvlei 2023 is a K2 year.
• Canoeing South Africa Rules apply.
• You may enter one or both days, but prizes will be awarded on overall results.
• All competitors must have registered and must report to the batch camps at least 30 minutes before their allocated batch starting time, and before taking to the water.
• Batch information will be communicated via email (to the address on your CSA profile).
• Important pre-race briefing will be conducted prior to the start.
• Wristbands received at registration are to be worn for the duration of the day. The wristband guarantees your participation in the race and access to the post-race meals on both Saturday and Sunday.
• Batch starts on Day 1, beginning with K2s, followed by K1s & K3s.
• Reverse-order start on Day 2, with elapsed time starts for elites.
• All late entries will be un-seeded and placed in the last batches.
• CSA-approved life jackets are compulsory on both days. These will be checked and if incorrect, paddlers will be prohibited from taking part. 10 litres of buoyancy (in the front AND at the back) is compulsory and will be checked. Beach balls and bottles are ONLY permissible if secured to the boat.
• Valid CSA registration numbers must be placed on both sides of the front deck of the boat. These will be on sale at registration.